Thursday, January 10, 2013

Space Cowboys (A Star Fox pet Project)

I've alot of dreams which bounce around in my head.

Some of them seem outlandish, others, out of reach, and most, if not all, none under my control.

They're my dreams though, how can this be?

Well it's more of like a depressing fandom; a sort of "If I were given the privilege to..." and be able to work on some amazing franchises/ideas/concepts that have since been forgotten.

Jem comes to mind actually: that REALLY old animated tv series with the chicks, the singing, big-hair, money... well anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself.


About 2 years ago I had this crazy idea of exemplifying my mind's eyes of what Star Fox would be like... at least how I sort of imagined it in my head ever since I was a kid who'd laid his wondrous eyes on the game back in 1993.


I was 8 at the time and I thought Star Fox was (and still is) one of the coolest concepts a gaming franchise could ever be.


Sadly, Nintendo hadn't really done much else to else to it except some curious, eclectic continuities and... well there were dinosaurs, I guess?


And they put some strange, blue fox chick in which ended up becoming some sort of mockish-sex appeal later on which I thought was a strange move to have started in the first place... but that's me.


Ironically, there was a Star Fox 2 about to be made for the SNES but that never happened; and it was there I think Nintendo went off the rails and had pretty much trashed what could have been the expansion of all ready amazing franchise which could have been better, bigger and louder.


They had a whole slew of characters ready for the second installment, characters I wish had become reality, but in doing so, that never happened... and so I still remember them, mostly out of backlogging and digging for old references but always thought, "This would've been SO cool if they used them."


As I said, it was 2 years ago I was thinking about a non-canon approach to the Star Fox universe in the mind's eye I'd always seen Star Fox for what it was and apply my long driven appeal for the game along with my added wisdom of story telling and concept development.


I salvaged some old characters, introduce some of my own into the universe but with the respect that I made sure it would be as canon to the universe as it was while... still being non-canon? Again, this is my own reimagining. But man what an exiting reimagining it would be if I could bring it to life...


I nicknamed the project Project Space Cowboys, but there is in fact a title to the whole idea.


It's been over 2 years since but I still believe this concept is very much alive... just in my own personal development hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment